United Way Volunteer Opportunities
Looking for an opportunity to volunteer your time at the United Way of Wyoming Valley? Browse our opportunities and email us your contact information at email@example.com or call us at 570-829-6711.
Community Impact Volunteers:
Volunteers: join one of six committees that review programs at participating organizations who apply for United Way funding.
Hours: times vary with each committee; approximately 30 hours per year from fall to early spring
Loaned Executive Program:
Each year, United Way of Wyoming Valley partners with organizations in the community to change lives! Make an investment in your community and the careers of your employees by allowing them to serve in a unique learning experience as United Way Loaned Executives and Loaned Labor Leaders.
- Promising career professionals seeking to develop leadership skills
- Dedicated employees facing downsizing or restructuring
- Recent retirees or volunteers desiring to utilize their work experience and talents
- College Interns searching for hands-on training and knowledge
These enthusiastic individuals are "loaned" to United Way of Wyoming Valley for 12 weeks and following training, play an integral role as account managers, assisting in the Fall fundraising efforts on the public phase of the community-wide annual campaign. Loaned Executives (L. E.'s) are a significantly important resource to United Way.
- Through their training, experience, teamwork and commitment, L. E.'s help raise a tremendous amount of funds as they work with United Way staff, volunteers, and workplace campaign coordinators in the effort to bring people and community resources together to address the most pressing issues we face today.
- L. E.'s enable United Way to minimize fundraising costs to ensure that more funds go directly to programs and services, which support those who need it most.